4.17.2013

I love me some hamburgers!

It’s not a secret that I love a good hamburger. My friends know, my family know, my co-workers know, and even my doctor knows, which is never a good thing. This girl loves a good beef patty! It’s actually kind of weird because I used to groan when my parents made us burgers as a kid, but it all changed within the last couple years. McDonalds, Wendy’s and Harvey’s all hit the spot on my favourite lunch breaks, but nothing has ever tasted as good as my boyfriend’s new creation.

Last week we hit up the Good Food & Drink Festival and came out with a few goodies for our own cooking. My boyfriend was most excited about a burger seasoning where as I was all about the curry sauce I picked up. The curry sauce is still to be tested, but the burger seasoning definitely lived up to its hype.

Burger meat

Burger Seasoning by Fire in the Kitchen (fireinthekitchen.ca)

Ingedients

  • Burger Batter Seasoning (1/4 cup)
  • 1 Egg
  • 2-3 lbs Ground beef (or a more healthier alternative – which we plan on trying)

Mix all the ingredients together and make into patties. When complete, cook on the stovetop until browned on the outside then stick in the oven for 30 minutes. Note: I doubted this cooking method by boyfriend chose but it turned out delicious and was cooked to perfection.

I never thought of making our own burgers but I don’t think we’ll go back to the packaged ones (except maybe for big parties). There’s probably a million different seasonings out there but I suggest trying this one out. The flavour was simply amazing!

No comments: