2.19.2013

The Art of Crockpot Cooking

When we first decided to move out on our own I vowed I would use my crockpot religiously. Really, why wouldn’t I? Dumping a bunch of ingredients in a pot and letting it do its thing, well that sounded just fine with me.  Truth is, if my relationship with my crockpot were a marriage, I broke my vow a long time ago and this marriage would be a sham!

Crock pot cooking for me is really just a work in progress. I love the idea of the crock pot but the execution is where I struggle. There’s a million recipes online but my patience waivers too much to actually choose one. So I thought of something, actually a lack of dinner ingredients forced me to think of something.

Why do I need a recipe to make this crock pot work? I don’t! So I tried the dump and go, and here’s the result…

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken

Ingredients

  • Whole chicken
  • Bottle of buffalo sauce
  • Drizzle of Red Hot Sauce (probably not necessary as it’s pretty much the same as above)
  • Sprinkle of the following spices:
    • Basil
    • Pepper
    • Garlic Powder
    • Oregano

Directions:   Dump them all in the crock pot & cook on low for 8 hours

blog chicken

The verdict… Huge success! It’s easy, low in calories, and delicious. The dump and go agreed with me on this one. Crockpot – I love you.

No comments: