2.21.2013

A to Z of Being Me: C is for Country Music

To all those haters out there, country music is definitely an acquired taste. If you asked me a few years ago if I was a fan I would have called you crazy, but ask me today and I couldn’t be happier to say yes. Welcome to a part of my life that I adore, a part of my life I can’t wait to explore more, and the kind of party you just can’t escape. Welcome to the world of country music!

Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby….

If you don’t know the end of this sentence then you are missing out! But just in case I’ve made you feel a little sad and left out, it goes a little something like this.

Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby….Feel a little frisky

And if you still don’t understand…watch this video.

Rain is a good thing–Luke Bryan

Y’all, in true country fashion, this right here is the reason I fell in love with country music. His name is Luke Bryan and he is amazing. From his manly good looks to his adorable dance moves, this man is the definition of the fun that is country music. I could go on all day but really people, just fall in love already! Don’t worry, if you’re still not sold I’ll probably do some more convincing when we get to the letter L… this man definitely deserves a whole post to himself!

Although Luke is my all time favourite, there are so many great artists out there to fall in love with…. here’s my quick hit list.

I want to make you feel wanted.

You can be my tanned leg Juliet, I’ll be your red neck Romeo

All you gotta do is put a drink in my hand

If you know country music you know these are some great tunes. Hunter Hayes, Jason Aldean and Eric Church, the artists of those wonderful tunes, are also all very high on my list of country music loves.

Another thing I absolutely adore about country music is the fashion. I could wear my cowboy boots all day long and there’s nothing cuter than pairing them with a summer dress. Unfortunately here in Canada it’s not really a huge trend, but when a country music concert is in town I jump all over that! I also try and hit up the country bar a couple times a year to get my fix when I’m in withdrawal.

I’ve added a list of a few of my favourites below, go check them out and tell me what you think! I only put one more Luke song, but in reality I could have added them all.

Are you gonna kiss me or not|Drunk on you|Canadian Girls|Springsteen|Cruise|Fishin’ in the dark|Take a back road

Honestly, that’s the VERY short list.

What’s your favourite country song?

No comments: